Swine Flu is a very serious disease and is currently spreading across the entire country, affecting the health of several people including children and older adults. The contagious disease is caused by the H1N1 virus and can easily spread by droplets when people cough, sneeze, or even talk.
Although anyone can be affected by the flu, there are certain groups like children under 5 years, pregnant women, old age people above 65 years of age, people with obesity, people suffering from chronic illness or with a weak immune system.
Talking particularly about Rajasthan, after the health department found more than 400 people affected by the H1N1 virus, the state had announced Swine Flu alert. It’s not just that people are getting infecting in large numbers but a major concern is that this disease has claimed 241 deaths since January 2017.
In such a scenario, it becomes extremely important to get acquainted with the details of the disease and be informed about the remedial measures. Here we are going to list the symptoms and preventive methods of Swine Flu:
- Running nose
- Body Ache
- Sore Throat
- Shortness of breath
Although the ideal way to prevent swine flu is to get yearly flu vaccination, hygiene and a balanced diet can also help a great deal in preventing the infection from spreading. Mentioned below are some remedies which can help in avoiding the chronic flu and its harmful effects on health:
- Tulsi leaves (basil) have several therapeutic properties and hence these can be consumed to prevent the infection. Take a few Tulsi leaves, wash them and eat them every day in the morning. It will keep the lungs and throat clear and would also strengthen your immune system.
- Giloi is a commonly available plant that contains several medicinal properties. Boil 1-foot Long Branch of Giloi and 5-6 Basil leaves in water for 15-20 minutes such that the water extracts its properties. Then add black pepper, black salt, or Misir, as per your taste preferences. Let the Kaadha (concoction) cool and then drink it.
- A small piece of camphor (kapur) can be swallowed either with water or in the crushed form mashed with potatoes or banana. It can be taken once a month or once a season for best results.
- Two pods of garlic if swallowed with lukewarm water, first thing in the morning, can help in strengthening the immune system so as to prevent any harmful infections.
- Aloe Vera is another commonly available plant that has several medicinal properties. One teaspoon of Aloe Vera gel with water will not only give you a glowing skin but will also boost you immunity.
- Having Vitamin C rich diets is another way to prevent the contagious infection. Fresh Amla or Amla juice can be consumed for effective results.
- Neem leaves have unmatchable medicinal value and hence eating 3-4 fresh Neem leaves can also reduce the danger of swine flu.
- Luke warm milk with a pinch of turmeric powder can be taken to prevent the body from catching harmful infections
Swine Flu is a serious health hazard which may also lead to death and hence everyone must be cautious enough to prevent the H1N1 infection. Apart from having a proper hygiene and a nutritious diet, people should avoid going in crowded places, wear masks while being present in the affected places, and contact doctor as soon as they notice any symptoms of flu in the body.