“Effective governance has to be based on a robust IT infrastructure and within the framework of comprehensive e-Governance architecture. This is what we’re seeking to provide in Rajasthan”…
- Rajasthan CM Vasundhara Raje
The philosophy of good governance is based on building concrete partnerships that paves way to mutual success. Being India’s largest state, Rajasthan has produced leading entrepreneurs, media persons and tech-experts that have helped shape trade, industrial and communication network at global level. Success without implementation of digital technology is impossible in today’s world. Keeping this in mind, every year Rajasthan government observes 21st March as the ‘Rajasthan IT Day’—a day that commemorates digital technologies that touche countless lives on an everyday basis.
Why is Information Technology Imperative in the Modern Scenario?
IT or Information technology is more than just storing, processing, manipulating and distributing information. In last few years, this field has replaced conventional business models with technical, innovative tools that bring the entire world on a common global platform. If the experts are to be believed, it’ll help us take smart business decisions.
What is Rajasthan IT Day All About?
Last year, the state government observed 21st March as ‘Rajasthan IT Day’, for the first time in the history of Rajasthan. A two-day event was organised to connect countless innovators, entrepreneurs and tech-experts with each other, for seamless exchange of ideas, skills and possibilities.
5 Facts that You must Know about Rajasthan IT Day
- The first IT Day of Rajasthan was based on the theme—‘Promotion of IT Start-ups’, as a means to empower budding businesses. Raje government introduced Rajasthan’s first start-up policy, based on which, the start-up aspirants discussed on digital opportunities available in the country.
- Last year, Rajasthan government announced RajNET—a multimode connectivity network (built through terrestrial linkage and VSAT). It facilitates video, voice and data connection for effectively delivery of government-operated schemes like MNREGA, e-Mitra and Bhamashah to beneficiaries within the state.
- With RajNET, the government aimed to connect the state capital (Jaipur) with 183 municipal areas and 9,894 gram panchayats.
- Like last year, Rajasthan IT Day 2017 is based on the theme—Skills for Employability, by which the leaders will aim at creating sustainable net-governed job opportunities for the younger generations.
- You can expect interactive discussions, workshops, keynote address by chief dignitaries & exhibitions this year.
Here’s a quick summary of major highlights related to the event.
Rajasthan IT Day 2017 Venue: Birla Auditorium, Statue Circle, Jaipur
Rajasthan IT Day 2017 Schedule:
Day 1: 21st March: What’s Hot?
- Competitions on Blind and relay coding, hacking, command prompt and innovative equation
- Workshops on Business & Artificial Intelligence, the role of IT technologies in business & environment management.
Day 2: 21st March: What’s Hot?
- IT-Day Exhibition
- Interactive sessions on professional & employment opportunities in IT industry, govt as a change-agent in driving process, India’s moonshoot, Dhanda 2.0 and transforming business through IT
- Award ceremony.