In December 2016, Vasundhara Raje led BJP government will complete three successful years in state. Raje’s cutting-edge policies and reformatory ideas have changed the fate of Rajasthan in last few months, especially with powerful foreign nations like Russia and Singapore investing in state economy. Rajasthan government under Raje’s tenure tried reaching out to rural public by implementing broad-ranging schemes like ‘Sarkar Aapke Dwaar’, ‘Mukhyamantri Jal Swavlamban’, ‘Annapurna Bhandars’ and ‘Jan Kalyan Shivir‘ . Despite tremendous success of the policies, much needs to be done in the remaining 2 years.
Seeing Gehlot’s indifference towards state, voters had their faith invested in Raje. They voted her in 2013 for Gehlot repeatedly failed to perform and the party seems to appreciate the fact. Learning lessons from ex-Gehlot’s failed strategy of delaying important tasks till the election year, BJP is heading towards change in policies. Government feels it’s the right time to display aggression in terms of political implementation.
With the objective of expanding cabinet and reshuffling portfolios as a means to speed up development in state, CM Raje had a 45-minute long meeting with fellow state BJP president, leaders and Party president Amit Shah at the beginning of the month.
The speculations over cabinet reshuffle have sped up since last two week and now, the party sources confirm impending changes in organization, which is likely to come in November.
Probable Changes in Party Structure
We expect a change in portfolios of half the cabinet ministers in future. ‘Performance’ will be the key to determine the inclusion of new members and re-shuffling of existing bureaucrats in state. Number of visits in a constituency, tasks completed on time and developmental activities in a region are a few factors that will influence the shuffling of the existing cabinet ministers.
- As per the sources, three new faces will be added to balance ethno-regional trajectory in state cabinet. Since Kailash Meghawal has been promoted as a speaker of state legislative assembly, the cabinet is falling short of minority/scheduled caste representatives. The government will lure more minority and backward class represents to participate in active politics.
- A few ministers of state have experienced delay in the execution of departmental works in past. To resolve this issue, new state secretaries will be appointed in various departments in an effort to speed up state proceedings.
- Recently, government appointed a Dalit MP to represent their community in state council. Rumours say, the party will attempt to include more MLAs and MPs from scheduled castes for representing the rights of scheduled communities.
- CM may include representatives from Karauli, Dausa, Sawai Madhopur and remote regions. Having cabinet ministers from various state will accelerate the efficiency of execution. Moreover, it’ll help the authorities cover most parts of the state, if possible
- A new minister will be appointed to resolve complaints and disputes among state party workers.
- Disciplinary actions will be taken against party members who’re involved in igniting anti-party or communal sentiments.
Shuffling cabinet ministers is a strategic move by Raje to analyze ground reality of proceedings within a constituency and to gauge subsequent response of public towards particular individuals. The party high command believes, making positive changes will help elevate party’s capacities in future. Rewarding loyalists, picking up loose ends, directing state policies towards final completion and restructuring organization are need of the hour. And BJP is determined to make a lasting difference in Rajasthan by the end of their term.