Visitors will soon be able to enjoy lion safari at Nahargarh Biological Park in Jaipur. Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje has inaugurated the Nahargarh Lion Safari on Thursday. Nahargarh Biological park, that accommodates Asiatic lions, has a new spot for hang out. The safari is inspired by South Africa’s world-famous safaris. The Rs 4Cr project soon will be open for the tourist after setting up all the security systems.
Pink City Jaipur already entertains tourists and wildlife enthusiasts with leopard safari in Jhalana forest. Besides this, Jaipur Development Authority (JDA) developed the Nahargarh lion safari for more adventure in the area.
Attractions of Nahargarh Lion Safari
- The lion safari is spread in an area of 36.72 acres.
- The fencing covers the running area of 2,900 square meters.
- Considering the natural view, the safari spread in approximately 2 km in the natural track for the safari in the foothills of Aravali.
- Four old water bodies have revived and grasslands have developed to provide a natural base for lions.
- Ten service chambers constructed In case of emergency feeding and treating the lions.
- A check-post tower constructed for forest guards outside the park for monitoring of the lions.
- The park has a ‘hidden point’ for tourists to watch the birds.
- Lioness ‘Tara’ and her two cubs ‘Tripura’ and ‘Tejas’ are the main residents of the park.
- Park authority brought more lion pairs from Jodhpur zoo and Machia Safari Park.
The Nahargarh lion safari is one of the most ambitious projects of Chief Minister Vasundhara Raje. Following the vision, Raje government is continuously working to strengthen the tourism in the state.
The pink city Jaipur is the world famous tourist destination. Nahargarh lion safari adds another adventurous tourist attraction to the list as the state’s first lion safari. In addition to that, Rajasthan Tourism Department will get more income in order to support the development of the state.