As informed earlier, the Central government had planned a meeting yesterday to discuss the recommendations of the 7th pay commission regarding HRA and other pending allowances of Central Government employees. On being asked about the outcome of meeting, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced that 34 modifications of the 7
On being asked about the outcome of meeting, Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced that 34 modifications of the 7th pay recommendations have been approved.
Here are the key points for the Central Government meeting held yesterday.
- In accordance with the cities, HRA rates have been pegged at 24 percent, 16 per cent and 8 per cent respectively for X, Y and Z cities.
- Siachen Allowance: The allowances allocated for officers suffering from hardships has been increased to more than double to Rs 42,500 from the earlier Rs 21000. However, for soldiers, the Siachen allowance has been increased to Rs 30000 from the earlier Rs 14000.
- Medical Allowance for Pensioners: The Central government announced the increment in fixed medical allowance of pensioners. It has been increased by 100% to Rs 1000 per month from the earlier Rs 500 per month.
- Benefit for Hospital staff: Nursing allowance has been increased to Rs 7200 from the earlier Rs 4800 per month. This will be available for nurses and ministerial staff.
- It was also decided that the HRA will not be lesser than 30 per cent, 20 per cent and 10 per cent of minimum pay of Rs 18,000.
- Now the HRA rates will be revised after Dearness Allowance (DA) crosses 25% percent and 50 percent. However, the commission suggested revision of HRA when DA reaches 50% and 100% respectively.
- Operation Theatre Allowance will increase to Rs 540 from Rs 360 per month.
- Constant Attendance Allowance for pensioners (100% disabled) has been increased to Rs 6750 per month to Rs 4500 per month.
The demands of increased HRA have been pouring in from more than 47 lakh Central Government employees. The Human Resource Allowance (HRA) rates will become effective from the July 1, FM Jaitley added.