Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana was introduced in CM Vasundhara Raje’s last tenure with the intention to provide quality healthcare to all folks falling under the NATIONAL FOOD SECURITY SCHEME and National Health missions. Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana, a comprehensive health scheme was introduced to provide free health checkup & treatment to the needy. Initially, restricted to the public hospitals, the scheme was extended to the private hospitals for reducing workload on government health institutions. The scheme was launched on December 13, 2015 in Jaipur district.
Recently, the government added 75 new private hospitals under Bhamashah Swasthya Bima Yojana in an attempt to provide benefits to maximum citizens.
Benefits Covered under Bhamashah Yojana—
- Hassle free cashless treatment.
- Improved quality of healthcare with better staff efficiency.
- Providing financial security to the poor against grave illness.
- To hedge excess financial expenditure on healthcare by using Insurance as a tool to cover major expenses.
- Create a wide-ranging health database.
- Providing stimulus to the private sector to open hospitals in the rural areas.
Expenses Covered under Bhamashah Yojana—
- RS 30,000 for general illness,
- RS 3 Lakh for critical illness,
- RS 100 –RS 500 transport allowance.
However, under this yojana only valid Bhamashah card holders will be able to avail the benefits. Bhamashah Swasthya Bima yojana is a step towards healthy Rajasthan. The beneficiaries covered under this scheme are provided with free health treatment at community health centers set up by the Rajasthan government, high-level hospitals and selected private hospitals.
75 new private hospitals in Jaipur district have been added to this ongoing list. On the other hand five government hospitals have also been empanelled, which include:
- Government hospitalJaipuria,
- Community health centreSanganer,
- Community health centre Dudu,
- Community health centre Bassi and
- Community health centre in Sambhar.
How to Avail the Benefits of Bhamashah Yojana at Hospitals
In case you wish to avail the benefits of Bhamashah health policy, you need to enroll for a 2-stage bidding process. The prequalification stage requires the candidates to fulfill the criteria mentioned under the RFQ “Request for Quotation”. After the authorities approve your application, you’re short-listed to place your bids.
The bidding process involves a request for proposal. Around 2,268 patients have already availed the benefits at government hospitals and 56,809 patients have availed free treatment at private hospitals.
Adding new hospitals under Bhamashah Swasthya Bima is a smart bid to attract private investors. The idea is to open hospitals in remote rural areas, without increasing burden on government facilities.